A Rural Dean is appointed by the bishop and is the Chairman of the Deanery Council in his Deanery. He assists in the administrative affairs in his Deanery and makes reports on these matters to the Archdeacon. A Rural Dean is addressed as “THE VERY REVEREND…”
- As Chairman of the Deanery Council, he receives and examines reports and financial returns on a quarterly basis from all Clergy within the Deanery.
- If a member of the Clergy fails to forward these reports within a stipulated time, a copy of the Deanery Council’s letter shall be forwarded to the Secretary of the Church Committee and to the Regional Bishop.
- The Dean makes reports on a regular basis to the Archdeacon on the state of the Church.
- The Dean shall, on the direction of the Archdeacon, assist with visits to any Cure in his Deanery and conduct inspections and examinations of the Church’s Rectory, all books of accounts and records etc.
- A Rural Dean, if required by the Bishop shall enquire into (a) any complaint against the congregation by a Priest in charge of a Cure; and (b) any complaint by a congregation against the Priest in charge of a Cure; and shall make a report to the Bishop.
- A Rural Dean shall, subject to the approval of the Archdeacon, arrange for services in the Cure during the absence of the Priest.
- The Dean shall also perform other duties that may be required by the Bishop or Suffragan Bishop.
|Kingston||The Very Rev. Sean Major-Campbell||6 Antrim Road, Kingston 3
|St. Thomas||The Very Rev. Jean Fairweather-Wilson||1A Stanmore Close
Red Hills, St. Andrew
|St. Catherine||The Very Rev. Canon Collin Reid||Red Church Street
Spanish Town P.O.
|St. Andrew||The Very Rev. Canon Major Sirrano Kitson|
|St. Mary||-VACANT-||The Rectory
Port Maria P.O.
Rural Hill P.O.
Tel:913-7944 (H) 919-4981 (Cell)
|St. Elizabeth||The Very Rev. David “Tony” Reid|
|St. Ann||The Very Rev. Richard Tucker||Milford Road Ocho Rios P.O.
|St. James/Hanover||The Very Rev. Andrew Reid||The Rectory, P.O. Box 98,
|Westmoreland||The Very Rev. Veronica Thompson|